Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2005:
[linux-help] Re: SMTP help

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: SMTP help
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:27:25 -0600

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 10:35:48AM -0600, David Wibowo wrote:
> I found what being used it use postfix
>
> $ telnet myserver1 25
> Trying xx.x.xxx.xxx...
> Connected to myserver1.com (xx.x.xxx.xx).
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 myserver1.com ESMTP Postfix

Good.

> #spam etc
> broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
>   permit_mynetworks,
>   permit_sasl_authenticated,
> #  reject_non_fqdn_hostname,
>   reject_non_fqdn_sender,
>   reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
>   reject_unauth_destination,
>   reject_unauth_pipelining,
>   reject_invalid_hostname,
>   reject_rbl_client opm.blitzed.org,
>   reject_rbl_client list.dsbl.org,
>   reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,
>   reject_rbl_client sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org

Probably you will want to adjust the smtpd_recipient_restrictions. It
depends on what you want to actually do. If you want to accept
anything and everything from servers in a particular network and
reject everything else, do something like this:

# Make sure that mynetworks contains the networks(s) that you want to allow
# mail from.
mynetworks = x.x.x.x/n

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
  permit_mynetworks,
  reject

This will allow any mail from the special network and reject anything
else. Perhaps you want to allow anything from the specified network
and also authenticated connections. Do something like this:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
  permit_mynetworks,
  permit_sasl_authenticated,
  reject