Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: November 2003:
[linux-help] Re: Problem Booting Kernel 2.6.0

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Problem Booting Kernel 2.6.0
From: Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:11:18 -0600

I run grub so my config would be different.
However, I used to run lilo, and I am not familiar with the first line
of your lilo.conf file. "lba32"  I never saw that in any of the files I
worked with.

I am not sure if this is the issue, but AFAIK  winXP is like NT in that
it does not like booting from the linux boot loader.  I have had good
luck setting linux up to boot from the XP boot loader, but have had no
luck the other way around.  According to your lilo.conf file you are
setting it up to boot XP from /dev/hda1, and putting the lilo image on
the boot sector of hda.

This site has good instructions for setting up dual boot with XP
       http://www.geocities.com/epark/linux/grub-w2k-HOWTO.html