Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2003:
[linux-help] Power Managent help for Gateway Solo 1400

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Power Managent help for Gateway Solo 1400
From: John Heffington <john1982@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 09:12:59 -0600

Howdy! I am back to using SuSE 8.1 again since nothing else works and am=20
getting closer to solving the power management problem. I found some modu=
les=20
labeled ac.o, battery.o, button.o, fan.o, processor.o, and thermal.o. I d=
id=20
an insmod to all of these and were successfully loaded. The only thing is=
 is=20
that the internal fan still doesn't work. I receive no errors at boot up=20
saying that ACPI could not be init. So it works, I think. The battery ico=
n in=20
the tray says "Your computer seems to have a partial ACPI installation=20
probably ACPI was enabled, but some of the sub-options were not enabled -=
 you=20
need to enable at least 'AC Adaptor' and 'Control Method Battery' and reb=
uild=20
your kernel. The last time I attempted to rebuild a kernel, all I got wer=
e=20
questions, but nothing pertaining to ACPI. Would be kind of nice if someo=
ne=20
could help me with this issue. Once ACPI works fully on this machine, it =
will=20
be my only OS. Thanks!