Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2003:
[linux-help] Re: Minor Annoyances....

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Minor Annoyances....
From: Tom Hull <thull2@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:46:48 -0600

Lars von dem Ast wrote:
> Minor annoyances. I've got RH8.0. How do you get rid of that annoying
> toolbar in Emacs (21.2.1), the totally redundant thing right below the
> menus?

Meta-x tool-bar-mode

this will toggle the tool bar display.

one way to turn this off as default would be to add the following line
to your ~/.emacs:

   (tool-bar-mode -1)

this isn't ideal, in that the tool bar still briefly appears, but it
works.

I'm using Red Hat 7.3 here, but the emacs version is 21.2.1.

--
/*
  *  Tom Hull * thull2 at cox.net * http://www.tomhull.com/