Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2003:
[linux-help] Minor Annoyances....

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Minor Annoyances....
From: Lars von dem Ast <prenzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:15:34 -0600

Minor annoyances. I've got RH8.0. How do you get rid of that annoying
toolbar in Emacs (21.2.1), the totally redundant thing right below the
menus?

Also, 8.0 has done away with/hidden the kpackage rpm tool and
substituted in some bogus pseudo-Windows Add/Remove tool that is pretty
useless. Do I have to do rpm at the command line, or is there something
GUI and useable on RH8.0?

I thought of grabbing the latest SuSe online, but they have some scary
non-image net install. I'd rather burn CD's, thank you. I also tried
Mandrake, but their fonts were a catastrophe. (They looked like a kid
has gone over your letters with a stubby Sharpie.) Maybe it's time for
Debian....

Lb