Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2003:
[linux-help] Re: Linux-friendly digital camera?

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Linux-friendly digital camera?
From: Thomas Wallis <wallis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:52:01 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Lars von dem Ast wrote:

> Is there such a thing as a Linux-friendly digital camera? One that will
> download its pictures straight into a Linux box?

        The Sony Mavicas are nice for LINUX.  They take their pictures
onto a floppy disk or CDRW.  Not a cheap camera, however.  One camera shop
guy I talked with doesn't like the Sonys. The Sony file format is a
standard format (jpeg, if I remember right).  The floppy-based cameras use
an MS-DOS formatted floppy.  I think the CDRW uses ISO9660, but I don't
know for sure.  I have heard of USB-attached digital cameras that LINUX
likes, but I don't have any firsthand knowledge about these.

                                        Hope this helps,

                                        T W

> Lb

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed here are my own and not those of WSU.

EMAIL address:  wallis@xxxxxxxxxxx