Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: November 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Trying to rpm gtkam

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Trying to rpm gtkam
From: "gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman)" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 23:29:40 -0600

> I downloaded the gtkam rpm (gtkam-0.1.4-3.i386.rpm) and tried
> to install it.  Got back:
>
> error: failed dependencies:
>         libgphoto2_port.so.0   is needed by gtkam-0.1.4-3
>         libgphoto2.so.2   is needed by gtkam-0.1.4-3

this just means that the RPMs containing those files are not installed...
it actually has nothing to do w/ whether those files exist anywhere; it just
looks in the rpm database to see if they are registered...

try doing an 'rpm -Uvh <filename> --no-deps' and see if that works... if it
does not, add a '--force' to that...  it should install then and if the
versions of the libs you installed in /usr/local are the same as what the
rpm is looking for, it should work.  if not, i'd suggest uninstalling the
ones in /usr/local and using rpms to install those instead... OR install
gtkam from source

gLaNDix