Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Linux laptop compatibility

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Linux laptop compatibility
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 11:05:19 -0500

You don't say which IBM ThinkPad model you are looking at, so it is
hard to say. I have successfully got linux to work on a couple
different Thinkpads. Some of the older models like my 760 incorporate
an MWAVE device for sound and modem. I don't think that there is any
Linux support for that, so I don't have sound or the modem with
it. Other than that it works fine.

Steve