Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2002:
[linux-help] copying files from a M$ drive to a linux drive

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] copying files from a M$ drive to a linux drive
From: Moonraker <Moonraker1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 03:58:05 -0500

I have a bit of a prob. My M$ system went down about a week ago and
I have started to learn my way around my Linux system enough to get some
of the basic things I do working. I have some files I would like to get
off my M$ drive (jpg's, mp3's and such). I know about the mcopy command
but how do I get it to where I can access the M$ drive. I currently have
the M$ drive hooked in as Primary slave and the Linux drive is primary
master. All I have on the secondary side is the CD-Rom (as master
ofcourse).  If someone could help me with this I would be really
greatful.

John E. Moon

P.S. Also, I was using a M$ program called Kazaa (also known as
morpheus) for file searching. If someone knows of a program like this
one for linux I would love it if you would let me know. Thanks again.