Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Weird ghost images in X

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Weird ghost images in X
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 18:19:46 -0500

My reply may seem off the wall if it was not true....

The screen refresh has changed in the monitor due to a brown out or power
spike.... this would cause the ghosting that you are seeing.

On the monitor that I had that did this I had to reset the monitors refresh
rate and to do this I had to (1) pull the power cable and let the monitor
set for about 12+ hours {over night] then [2] while plugging back in the
power cable, hold down two of the control buttons on the front panel of the
'DELL' brand monitor, This reset the monitor back to the factory settings
and corrected the refresh rate and got ride of the ghosting.

Of course the mileage of this suggestion and fix may not work for your brand
of monitor(s).

--David