Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2002:
[linux-help] Trying to find a decent video player for Red Hat Linux

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Trying to find a decent video player for Red Hat Linux
From: Patrick Klee <misterp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08 Aug 2002 09:26:26 -0500

Hi guys,
        After downloading a 1.5 gig file for Linux (Free Software Awards), I
tried two movie players and they don't work.  I tried Xine, and it
crashes after halfway through the awards.  GTV doesn't play at all, just
makes a bunch of noise and locks up X.  It's something like
fsf2002.vob.mpeg.  Don't tell me to use Windows, because for one thing I
have Windows and two, I already tried it.  :)
Anyway, looking for a good video play because Xine has bugs.

Patrick