Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: March 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Burning ISO disks to CD

To: Lawrence Bottorff <mrprenzl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ACLUG Linux Help <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Burning ISO disks to CD
From: Thomas Wallis <wallis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 09:44:16 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Lawrence Bottorff wrote:

> I've got a functioning CD-R and have made CDs with X-CD-Roast on my RH 7.2.
> Q: How does one burn x.iso's onto a CD?

        cdrecord is the command you want.  Example:

cdrecord -v speed=8 dev=0,0,0 -eject -multi enigma-i386-disc1.iso

0,0,0 has to do with the IDE-SCSI emulation.   Use cdrecord --scanbus
to find the right value. If you are using SCSI, these numbers will be
different.  speed is the writing speed of your drive.  eject forces the
cdrw to open when it is done.  multi allows multisession cds to be made.

                                T W

> Lb
> --
> "...my gentlehobbits, I give you this toast: To the Hobbits. May they
> outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees."
>                                       J.R.R. Tolkien

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed here are my own and not those of WSU.

EMAIL address:  wallis@xxxxxxxxxxx