Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: March 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Burning ISO disks to CD

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Burning ISO disks to CD
From: Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 07:57:07 -0600

Lawrence Bottorff wrote:

> I've got a functioning CD-R and have made CDs with X-CD-Roast on my RH 7.2.
> Q: How does one burn x.iso's onto a CD?

I do it from the command line with cdrecord

    cdrecord -eject -v speed=12 dev=0,0,0 x.iso

the options
   -v tells me how the progress is going (reported in mb of mb)
   -eject tells it to eject the cd when done
    speed can be anything from 1 thru the maximum the burner supports.
         1,2,4,8,12 etc (cdrecord wil default to the max of the burner
if you tell it faster.. for example if my burner is only 8X and I tell
it 12 it will default to 8 before it actually starts to write.)
    dev is what the burner is identified as when you use cdrecord
-scanbus

since x.iso is already an isofs filesystem you do not need to use any
type for the track

I noted that one of the other users responded with instructions on how
to change x-cdroast to use the image. That is nice to know if you insist
on using the gui, but certainly extra steps if you are familiar with the
command line.

I create my images with mkisofs and then burn them to CD with the
command above.