Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: March 2002:
[linux-help] Re: can't log in as root and don't know why :(

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: can't log in as root and don't know why :(
From: Denis Medvedev <t_mdl@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:03:05 -0800 (PST)

1) did you leave system connected to Internet?
It may be hacked...
2) to change root password in linux (with lilo)
do the following:
Turn on the system
wait until lilo  prompt
Immediately press <ctrl> key
type
linux single<enter>
Wait...
you will have root login shell, where you can change
password using "passwd" command.