Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: March 2002:
[linux-help] Best way to have Linux automatically mount a volume on boot

To: "ACLUG Linux-Help List" <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Best way to have Linux automatically mount a volume on bootup
From: "John Lucas" <jdlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 21:30:06 -0600

Hello, all

Just a quick question...

I recently upgraded the hard drive in my Windows system, and I have
installed the old Windows drive in my Linux box (running RedHat 7.2 enigma).

I would like to be able to access the files on this drive without having to
mount it each time I log in, and I would also like to make use of the
remaining free space for installing Linux apps. (I know, I don't ask for
much... :)

Basically, what I'm asking is if there is a quick-and-easy way to have this
FAT volume mounted each time the system boots so that any user can have
access to it without having to mount it each time.

Thanks!
--John Lucas