Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: March 2002:
[linux-help] can't log in as root and don't know why :(

To: linux help <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] can't log in as root and don't know why :(
From: Moonraker <Moonraker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:14:59 -0600

I don't know what happened today but when I got home from work my system
was sitting at the login screen and will no longer let me login as root.
I haven't changed the password recently and it is also one that I am
used to using. I have tried several times to make sure I wasn't making
typo's or anything like that also. I do have to admit that I am still
trying to learn linux and have really done nothing to this system yet
except install dns2go and insert my personal homepage. I am using Red
Hat linux v.7 and must admit that I really don't know much about what I
am doing when it comes to linux. If you need any more info let me know
and I will do my best to get it for you.

thanks for the help,
John E. Moon