Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: October 2001:
[linux-help] serial mouse

To: Linux Help <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] serial mouse
From: Marc & Teresa Bachman <marcnteresa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 12:56:03 -0500

I am dual booting Linux  and Win 9x on a Pentium MMX AT form factor. I
have no usb ports but am using a USB mouse adapted to a ps2 port, which
Red Hat 7.1 absolutely refuses to detect or to allow me to configure. As
a result, I tried using a serial mouse in Red Hat 7.1, which works fine
when you can get it going. There's just one small problem, however, in
that when I try to boot having the wrong mouse(s) attached, Linux kind
of loses the serial mouse and this time I've not been able to get it
back. I've gone to Console mode to use /usr/sbin/mouseconfig, but that
hasn't got me working. My choices are to give up dual booting, get a
machine with USB ports, or figure out a way to make Red Hat recognize a
mouse. Thanks in advance, Marc.
P.S. I discovered that you  can't make Netzero Linux compatible.