Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: July 2001:
[linux-help] Re: 2 NIC question

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: 2 NIC question
From: Bruce Bales <bbales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 14:34:24 -0500

Nathan, In the previous message I sent, I didn't say where to add the
"alias eth1 tulip" .  It goes in conf.modules or modules.conf, whichever
your distro has.

I am pretty new to this, but I have had better luck using one
PCI NIC and one ISA NIC.  Linux can find and configure the PCI card on
boot up pretty easily and will call it eth0, but it needs help w/ the
other.  Add "alias eth1 tulip" [TO CONF.MODULES OR MODULES.CONF] where
tulip is the appropriate driver for
the ISA card.

Some of the information needed for setup can be entered using the basic
section of netconf.  If both of your cards are the same, enter them here

and see what happens.
Luck,
bruce