Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2001:
[linux-help] pci woes...win modem, Ethernet card sound card!

To: "'linux-help@xxxxxxxxx'" <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] pci woes...win modem, Ethernet card sound card!
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 19:27:18 -0500

I have problems since I upgraded to the new red hat.  I cannot figure what
I am doing wrong.  My win modem will not configure on this kernel, it used
to work on the 2.2.16-20 kernel, but not on my 2.2.216-22 kernel.  My sound
card is claimed not to be supported, it was supported prior to that.  And I
am not sure why the Ethernet card is not available?  When I do a lspci    I
get
.
.
.
00:1F:2 USB controller Intel corporation 82801AA USB
.
.
.
00:1F:5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel 82801AA AC'97
01:08:0 Communication controller: Lucent lt win modem
01:09:0 Ethernet controller Bidgecom , inc unknown device 0985 (rev 11)

HELP!  I've looked for the PCI-HowTo to no avail.  I did a locate with the
pci and after several pages  (had to locate pci >pci.info.  then a emac
pci.info to read all the pages).

Mike