Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2001:
[linux-help] Scanners in Linux

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Scanners in Linux
From: "Benjamin F. Bunck" <bbunck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 11:07:08 -0500

Hello all,

I'm looking for some general advice concerning scanners running under Linux,
like what models are supported, what software supports them, etc.  Any
specific pointers toward good information or quality models would be greatly
appreciated.  I'm looking for a no-frills scanner to scan  vacation pics so
that I can make a picture CD  (high resolution/color depth is a plus,
internet buttons, contoured cases, etc. are not so important).   So far, I've
found the SANE project website and the USB Scanner MINI-HOWTO being written
by Eugene Teo.

Thanks,

Ben