Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2001:
[linux-help] Re: more LILO problems

To: "'linux-help@xxxxxxxxx'" <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: more LILO problems
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 04:48:15 -0500

I had this before, if you have made changes to the hard drive....moved a
partition, or something like that maybe.   Try booting from the floppy,
then run linux config and change something stupid on the lilo.....i.e.
change linux to Linux then save changes, this makes it write a fresh lilo
to the boot sector  of the hard drive.  The problem is that it is looking
to the hard drive address listed in the lilo and the image is not where it
expected it.  I am assuming you are not trying to exceed the 2GB limit, and
it was working prior to some edit.  If non of this works, check out
/usr/doc/lilo/read.me or (readme)  Changing the name worked for me.  Good
luck

Mike