Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: May 2001:
[linux-help] Re: recent hacks

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: recent hacks
From: j m wagle <jmwagle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 22:52:25 -0500

I am running a 'modified' RH6.2, but not changed for security reasons...  I do
not
have a 'cable', only a 56k modem, don't leave it 'unattended', but my children
sometimes leave it on while 'instant messaging' their friends and other
nonsense....  Last Friday my daughter complained that the computer 'locked up'
while playing some game.... well that is the time stamp of the last /etc/passwd
file.

what a life!

by the way,
some of my programs (like /bin/top) cannot be deleted due to :

rm: cannot unlink `/usr/bin/top': Operation not permitted

any ideas what happened?

thanks in advance,
mike wagle
wichita, ks