Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: May 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Wine...Has anybody made it work (on the CPU!)

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Wine...Has anybody made it work (on the CPU!)
From: Phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 21:35:27 -0400

I've been running Intellicad(autocad clone) on Wine since last november.
the "Explorer" for changing and editing layers does not work so you have to use
the Layer command.  OpenGL will not do full render or hidden line removal.
other than these bugs it is quite stable.  There has has been some renewed
interest in Linux by some of the ITC venders.

I've got a how-to for Intellicad/Wine on my web page if it helps.
it's prettymuch the wine docs tailored for intellicad.

hope that helps

On Mon, 14 May 2001, you wrote:
> I am a slave to my 3rd party software, I need a platform which will run
> windoz software, and let the software think it is in windoz land.  I use
> autocad at work, and am not willing to learn something new.  Especially
> since all the cpu's at work are running autocad.(autodesk)  Along with some
> real cool games.  (Can't always work!)
>
> Mike

pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx
Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of Dos
http://freelists.dhs.org/lists/snafuu.html
http://pfrostie.freeservers.com/cad-tastrafy