Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2001:
[linux-help] Re: compiling portsentry

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: compiling portsentry
From: Bruce Bales <bbales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 22:54:03 -0500

Thanks, Greg.
I found 0 development in /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/base/comps.

0 Development lists 77 packages - too many to rpm one at a time.  I tried to rpm
egcs and it needed cpp, glibc-devel and kernel-headers.  I rpmed them and then
egcs and ran the "make linux".  Got about 20 (or more) lines of errors, mostly
in
.c files which I had not edited.

Maybe a quick upgrade to include dvelopment would be the best.  Bed time now.

Thanks again,  bruce