Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2001:
[linux-help] Suggestion: Roadrunner in Wichita (Derby, etc.) & Linux

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Suggestion: Roadrunner in Wichita (Derby, etc.) & Linux
From: kannzas@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 10:55:05 -0500

Thanks to Weqaar and the others who responded to my question a month
ago, about Wichita area Roadrunner.  Apparently there's nothing
special needed, beyond the usual advice--run dhcpcd, or pump.
Have the right ethernet driver, etc.  (My only trouble arose from
trying to give long-distance advice to a newbie.)

Since this confuses/intimidates a lot of prospective & newbie
Linux users, it would be good to have a few notes about it
on ACLUG.org.  On your page
http://www.aclug.org/ACLUG/info/ispconn/
the only ISP listed is Southwind.net.

I'll be unsubscribing, since I'm not in the area.  This doesn't
expect a reply, but of course you can e-mail directly...

Thanks again,
Jerry