Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2001:
[linux-help] Re: help..

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: help..
From: John Resler <jmresler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 00:38:05 GMT

All of the linux information I have read indicates that due to the way
windows writes itself to the MBR, prevents linux installations to the
Primary Master Drive before Windows is installed there. It may be
possible with SCSI installations that this there is a way around this
but to my knowledge, windows is going to say thelinux partitions need
to be formatted and will insist on doing so during the installation.
The MBR is not easily corrected after the fact. Perhaps using
something like partition magic or system commander will allow you to
correct the problem a priori but I am unsure. In any event, good luck.

-John

Q: I cant spell worth a dam.  I hope your going too tell me what to
do?

A: Don't worry about how your articles look.  Remember it's the
message
that counts, not the way it's presented.  Ignore the fact that sloppy
spelling in a purely written forum sends out the same silent messages
that
soiled clothing would when addressing an audience.

-- Brad Templeton, _Emily Postnews Answers Your Questions on
Netiquette_