Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: March 2001:
[linux-help] Re: SWBell DSL in Wichita

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: SWBell DSL in Wichita
From: "Clint A. Brubakken" <cabrubak@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 18:05:33 -0600

Jeremy King wrote:

> I'll admit that this is putting the cart before the
> horse, but...
>
> I've got a NIC & DSL modem on order from SWBell, but I
> have not yet done any serious research into the
> requirements for getting DSL working with Linux. Since
> I'm sure that someone in this group probably has their
> linux box connected through DSL, I would appreciate
> some pointers.
>
> As I understand it, DSL can either use DHCP or
> PPPoE--anybody know what SWBell is using in the
> Wichita area?  What will it take to get either of
> these protocols up and running on a debian (potato)
> linux box?  Will any special software be required?

all new installations are PPPoE, you'll have to have the PPPoE package
installed to use it, and that should be all.

> Thanks,
> Jeremy

Clint Brubakken
Developer, Computer Science Services Group, LLC
President Air Capital Linux Users Group
Wichita, KS
cabrubak@xxxxxxx
---
"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability.
That is
the sound of your death. Goodbye, Mr. Anderson."

"My name is Neo!"

                -- Agent Smith and Neo, "The Matrix"