Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: March 2001:
[linux-help] SWBell DSL in Wichita

To: linux-help aclug <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] SWBell DSL in Wichita
From: Jeremy King <soapboxalpha@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 15:06:43 -0800 (PST)

I'll admit that this is putting the cart before the
horse, but...

I've got a NIC & DSL modem on order from SWBell, but I
have not yet done any serious research into the
requirements for getting DSL working with Linux. Since
I'm sure that someone in this group probably has their
linux box connected through DSL, I would appreciate
some pointers.

As I understand it, DSL can either use DHCP or
PPPoE--anybody know what SWBell is using in the
Wichita area?  What will it take to get either of
these protocols up and running on a debian (potato)
linux box?  Will any special software be required?

Thanks,
Jeremy