Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: March 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Whazzup???? BE POLITE!!!!

To: "'linux-help@xxxxxxxxx'" <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Whazzup???? BE POLITE!!!!
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 00:55:15 -0600

Advice is provided at no charge on this site. Microsoft dial up is $75.00
an hour; no credit card--- no talk.  This is a free board, people volunteer
their time, with zero compensation, other than promoting Linux.  Do not
abuse the people.  It is very hard to keep people who are now making a
living with linux.  Abusing them by being disrespectful is one good way to
stop them from helping.  I personally need the ones who are working toward
guru status.  And working with whining people all day, you tend to shy away
from negative people.  If they come up to the board, and get slammed, .....

Mike