Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: March 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Hosed my Mac, now what?

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Hosed my Mac, now what?
From: "John M. Resler" <jmresler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 15:04:27 -0600

 Patrick,
    In Steves defense, there has been less movement in support in the Linux
world for the Mac. Jobs has little to do with that and he has implemented a
version of the Free BSD kernel in OS X. I suspect the small moves Apple is
making into the server arena will eventually result in more availability of
tech data for Linux developers for Mac stuff. I'd love a dual G4 running the
2.4 kernel. True RISC kicks a__ and dual RISC processors would make the idea
of an NT server even less likely. I'm surprised there aren't more G4's
outside the Mac and AIX world. I used AIX on a power PC at Cessna and the
workstation was very competent. Sorry I can't help with your Mac problems
though. Good Luck .     : }

--John

Patrick Klee wrote: Hi,
    John Reinke was kind enough to help me with my mac problem, now
I have another.  He said I need a MacOS partition to be able to boot
Linux.  Well, I accidentally erased MacOS COMPLETELY and
when I zapped the PRAM and tried to re-install, USB doesn't work at all,
so I can't use the mouse or keyboard.  Can maybe John, or someone who
owns a Mac, maybe suggesst a mailing list?  I am getting really POed,
right now, Steve Jobs is a lot more of an anti-christ than Bill Gates,
for making intimidating pieces of colored plastic.  Anywho, bye.

Patrick

visit http://tmp2.complete.org/cgi-bin/listargate-aclug.cgi[1] --
--nonsensebegins here-- Under any conditions, anywhere, whatever you are
doing, there is some ordinance under which you can be booked.
-- Robert D. Sprecht, Rand Corp. AOL AIM Contact Name : jmresler99
-----BEGINPGP MESSAGE----- Version: GnuPG v1.0.1 (GNU/Linux) Comment: For
info see http://www.gnupg.org[2]
owGbwMvMwCTI9VPlbNAZ0+OMp/mSOIoz0/P0SipKrKbdO9Rhz8zKAGLAVAgy/ddn
mB8YHXl1BWdodtqVXU8q7UM6/EoS/jDMMwxWE139/spFgbQZC066fHduNvnhBAA= =83IU
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--- Links ---
   1 http://tmp2.complete.org/cgi-bin/listargate-aclug.cgi
   2 http://www.gnupg.org