Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2001:
[linux-help] Re: RH7.0/RealTek driver

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: RH7.0/RealTek driver
From: Bruce Bales <bbales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 18:36:16 -0600

In red hat, it may be conf.modules instead of modules.conf.
If the ethernet card is not a PCI board, you may want to put an options line in
below the alias Jeff gave you with the i/o port and interrupt.  Mine is:
    "options ne io=0x300 irq=3"
where you put in your own driver and other info.

If it's a PCI board, Linux should find it and assign port and interrupt.

Use ifconfig to see if it has picked up an ip address with dhcp.
bruce