Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2001:
[linux-help] RH7.0/RealTek driver

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] RH7.0/RealTek driver
From: "Jonathan Nichols" <jnichols3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 07:31:10 -0500

Hey, I'm a recent subscriber to road runner service in Durham NC.  I've got an
HP Pavilion 7850 running both Windows ME and Red Hat 7.0.  I've connected to my
cable modem using the Allied Telesyn AT2500-TX ethernet card which works fine
on the winders side.  HOWEVER, I've been unsuccesfull at getting Linux to
recognize the card.  According to the ethernet HOW-TO, the driver for this
particular card is the Realtek8139 which has already been compiled into my
kernel.  So, I've got the driver, and I've got a working piece of hardware, but
now I'm stuck.  The only thing I know to do is run linuxconf and fill in all
the information I get from "wipconfig" (except, of course, for the ip
address/gateway info which SHOULD get assigned through dhcp right?)  If anyone
has a suggestion or knows someone in the Raleigh-Durham area who is familiar
with these issues, the information would be greatly appreciated!!

                                    Jonathan Nichols