Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2001:
[linux-help] installation problem

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] installation problem
From: Carlos Oliveira <oliveira@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 18:04:07 -0500

Hi everybody,

I bought a compaq presario 5000 series computer. Now I am trying to
install Linux on it, but I have some problems. First, I need to make a
repartition of the 40 GB hard disk (is a ultra DMA). When fdisk try to
access the disk it says: "the logical end of the partitions is different
the fisical end", and can not add the new partition.

Other problem I have is: when I try to install Mandrake 7.2 it freezes
just after printing "starting second phase installation".

someone has any hint about this problems?

Carlos Oliveira