Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: January 2001:
[linux-help] Problems with compiling the kernel on Redhat 6.2

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Problems with compiling the kernel on Redhat 6.2
From: "Patrick R. Klee" <drwho@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 01:31:18 -0500

Greetings,
    I am compiling the 2.2.18 and 2.4.0 kernel and I started with 2.2.18
and got to make xconfig, and then when I got to make dep, it got errors,
and quit compiling.  What does that mean, what I think is: Maybe,
something I ticked yes, needs to match something else I didn't tick
yes?  There is a nice young man with long black hair, that talked at a
meeting on compiling a kernel on Redhat, maybe if someone could forward
this to him....James, but I can't remember the last name.

    Anywho, If I get this and the 2.4 kernel working, I could get my
scanner to work, because my friend is working on designing software for
a parport scanner, becuase he has his parport scanner working, and no
one has seemed to have engineered software for scanning pics on Linux.
If anyone else owns a parport scanner, like mine (PaperPort 6000B) and
wants to alpha test the software I could give the sourceforge URL, when
it becomes availible.

--
Patrick Klee - Programmer, Linux Guru and MUD Extraordinare
http://www.geocities.com/mykros78/