Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: December 2000:
[linux-help] Re: caldera 2.3 freezing

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: caldera 2.3 freezing
From: Craig Terhune <cterhune@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 08:14:53 -0600

Is you kernel really dead? Check to see if your num lock key works? If ye=
s then
see if you can get to another console. Try ctrl+alt+f1. Log as root and k=
kill
the x-console. Then try and find out what your other problem is but don't=
 just
reset if you can keep from it.
  On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, you wrote: > Hello,
>=20
> I am running Caldera 2.3 on a homebuilt pent 75 with 32
> megs of ram. I seem to be having problems with the
> system freeing up after using the mouse to scroll up and
> down in netscape and in any text editor that has a
> scroll bar. It doesn't happen right off  but it will
> allways freeze up during a session. Crt Alt &Del will
> not reboot the system just hitting the reset button is
> the only to get the system to reset.In fact the on off
> swith will not work? Any ideas on how to fix or the
> cause would be helpfull.
>=20
>=20
>=20