Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: December 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Debian/apt guru required...

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Debian/apt guru required...
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 18:56:02 -0600

I'm not a Debian guru, so I'm a bit perplexed as to what the LILO in
Debian finds objectionable about your partitioning layout.  After all,
if the fdisk included with Debian doesn't hiccup on the partition table,
why would LILO have heartburn.

It would be best to at least try to fix the problem before blindly
blowing away a working installation.  There are times when it is
desirable to punt and start over, however.  :-)

- Nate >>

P.S. I have about 15 months experience with Debian on three boxes, so
while I'm no guru, I'm beyond the newbie stage.  Also, have you tried
asking on the Debian User list?  It's busy, but has a number of gurus
listening.

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               | heartily, but good