Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: October 2000:
[linux-help] Firewalls and bind

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Firewalls and bind
From: james l <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:49:09 -0500

I would like to set up bind, as a caching only nameserver. However, as bind
is typically a weak spot in security, I would like to firewall off the port
except for a few computers. I already have the bind setup (and it has
worked). It is on a 2.2 kernel.

What I would like to know is either:

1. What the commands are to do this (I am lazy)
2. What port named (bind) runs on. I haven't been able to find what it is.
(but likely you are too)

James L.