Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2000:
[linux-help] smb.conf

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] smb.conf
From: Nathan <ncozzens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 19:40:22 -0500

I'm having trouble getting Samba to give me access to my Linux box from my Win98 box. I can see my Linux box in Network Neighborhood, but when I try to open it, I get a dialog box asking me to supply a password for the IPC$ resource. None of my passwords work. I've tried logging into my Win98 box with a username and password that coincides with my Linux box (nate). Didn't help. Any ideas?

Here's my current smb.conf:

;
; /etc/smb.conf
;
[global]
   printing = bsd
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes
   guest account = nate
   invalid users = root
   workgroup = WORKGROUP
   server string = %h (My Linux Box)
   syslog only = no
   syslog = 0;
socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=4096 SO_RCVBUF=4096
   encrypt passwords = yes
   wins support = yes
   name resolve order = lmhosts host wins bcast
   dns proxy = no
   preserve case = yes
   short preserve case = yes
   unix password sync = false