Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2000:
[linux-help] Re: kfm

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: kfm
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 22:24:02 -0500

On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 06:55:59PM -0500, Greg House wrote:

> I tried this recently on a laptop that has limited resources and it's running
> pretty well. Don't know if I'll end up keeping it or not, but it seems fast
> enough. Is it fairly configurable, appearance wise? I didn't find any
> application that was really doing that, so I guess it's back to the old config
> files and readmes and such to figure it out (if I keep it). I think I like
> Window Maker better. Lots of cool apps for it.

There is a configuration utility for IceWM called IcePref.  It's
written in Python and uses the PyGTK bindings for the GTK widgets.
I found it handles all options and friendlier than just editing
the config file.  It ships with a number of themes and many more
are available through themes.org, although quite a number are
available in a tarball from the main site.

Since IceWM doesn't have the dock, it is likely lighter than Windowmaker
(I had tried Afterstep before IceWM and found quite a difference, apples
and oranges, I know).  Well, anyway, I find that I like it!

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               | heartily, but good