Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2000:
[linux-help] Re: interchanging executables

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: interchanging executables
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 22:34:48 -0500

I'm not 100% sure on this, but while you might be able to use compiled
object files (at least in certain situations) on other operating
systems, I don't think an executable would work. An executable
contains code that is used to get the program loaded into memory and
execute. That is pretty OS dependent. This would be especially true if
the program uses any shared libraries.