Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: May 2000:
[linux-help] Question with 'chroot'.

To: linux-help <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Question with 'chroot'.
From: Wang Min <wangmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 11:0:13 +0000

Dear fellows,

I want chroot to do this job, when a user logins to my linux box, first his
group id is checked, for example, if he is not in the root group, then his root
directory switchs to /user, and I think the security situation is dramatically
improved by this method. As far as I know, I should modify the /bin/login
source code and overwrite it with the new one to achieve the goal, the fact is
I am a newbie to Linux and don't know how to get the login source code and how
to modify it as well, anybody help me?

Thanks.

Wang