Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2000:
[linux-help] Re: CD-ROM errors

To: "'linux-help@xxxxxxxxx'" <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: CD-ROM errors
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 09:27:57 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Pankratz Matt wrote:

> As best as I can tell it has to do with multi-session CDs.  If data is
> written to the media in multiple sessions many older (I had an 8X IDE that
> did this) can not read the cd.

It's not an old drive by any means and I don't think the CD is
multi-session... it was burned from an ISO image downloaded from
Debian.  (I don't think you can make multi-session images, can you?  And
if you could, why would you?)

> John Deere

John Deere... did you change jobs again?

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
I came. I saw. I stole your tagline.