Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2000:
[linux-help] Re: CD-ROM errors

To: "'linux-help@xxxxxxxxx'" <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: CD-ROM errors
From: Pankratz Matt <MPankratz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 09:01:32 -0500

Cravens,

I've seen this happen in a Windows environment.

As best as I can tell it has to do with multi-session CDs.  If data is
written to the media in multiple sessions many older (I had an 8X IDE that
did this) can not read the cd.

As for fixes...I'd either re-burn the CD as a single session, or spend the
30 bucks for a 30X+ Multi-Read CDROM.

Of course, this may not have anything to do with what you're asking about,
but it jarred something in my brain...

Matt Pankratz
Web Engineer
John Deere