Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: hpcomm: February 2000:
Problem updating ROM

To: hpcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Problem updating ROM
From: Lance Lachenicht <ElGeeLachenicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 22:33:08 +0200

Dear All -

I'm feeling stupid but I cannot work out what is wrong. HPcomm seems to be
able to connect to my HP49 but doesn't seem to be able to find the rom
update files to transmit to the HP. Running the flash file causes a message
box to pop up saying can't find file. I can then proceed but I only get an
empty dialogue box and no flash file is transmitted. What am I doing wrong?
I've tried putting the flas file in various locations but this hasn't
helped.

My HP's serial no. begins with '93' - could it be a defective serial port?
And if that is so, does anyone now how I could fix it?

Lance Lachenicht