Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: hpcomm: January 2000:
Re: Thanks for nothing!!

To: Christopher P Swider <cswider@xxxxxxx>
Cc: hpcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxx, mjd@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Thanks for nothing!!
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 10:40:22 +1100

Christopher P Swider wrote:

> As I posted to "comp.sys.hp48" today, I've found a solution to the problem I
> described to you in detail below: just clear the stack!!

Dear Chris,

I congratulate you on finding this, and I appreciate you telling me.

> Would it have been that hard for you all to tell me that?

I had no idea what the problem might have been, but since
you've taken the time to tell us, we will keep this in mind
for the future if other people have the same problem.
You've done us a great service.

> I guess I don't understand why you people put your email
> addresses on the web if you don't reply to people who write you?

I apologise for not replying to you.  I have been extremely busy
at work.  Nevertheless I did pass your mail onto the person who
is coordinating the bug fixing.  We had no idea what the problem
may be, but we certainly were prepared to act on it.

> And your software should still be robust enough to handle longer command
> processing by the HP49G due to a full stack!

Since this software is given away free, it makes HP no money.
So it's very hard to get HP to put engineers onto the job of
really polishing it.  That's one of the reasons we made it
Open Source.

Because the source code is available, you are more than welcome
to take it and change it (or help us change it) so it handles this
problem better.  If you want better software, the key is in
your hand.

Regards,

Mitch.
--