[gopher] Re: Mailing List Decisions

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Florian Teply <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 15:19:42 +0200

Am Saturday 15 August 2009 02:42:39 schrieb John Goerzen:
> By now it seems consensus is forming that people don't want to move to
> Google, but would like to see the list at some *forge.  So let's see if
> we can reach consensus about this:

That's what i would want, too, so /AOL here.
> My preference if we do that leans towards alioth.debian.org, mainly
> because I already have an account there, shell access there, and am
> involved with the sponsoring project (Debian).  I would be happy to
> entertain savannah.nongnu.org or some other forge as well, if people
> prefer.
>
> Alioth policy requires a Debian developer to create the project, but
> then after that anyone can maintain it.  You need not have an Alioth
> account to participate on the list; you can go straight to mailman.

I myself would be fine with both debian and nongnu, but would like to throw
gmane into discussion as well. Have to admit that i don't know whether or not
they run the mailing lists themselves, but i love the way they make
mailinglists accesible via NNTP, and they apparently do a decent job when it
comes to archiving the lists.

Just my two pennies,
Florian

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.