[gopher] Re: Mailing List Decisions
[Top] [All Lists]
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index] [Thread Index]
On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 19:42 -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> By now it seems consensus is forming that people don't want to move to
> Google, but would like to see the list at some *forge. So let's see if
> we can reach consensus about this:
> My preference if we do that leans towards alioth.debian.org, mainly
> because I already have an account there, shell access there, and am
> involved with the sponsoring project (Debian). I would be happy to
> entertain savannah.nongnu.org or some other forge as well, if people prefer.
> Alioth policy requires a Debian developer to create the project, but
> then after that anyone can maintain it.
Debian -> OK
> You need not have an Alioth
> account to participate on the list; you can go straight to mailman.
No Account needed -> OK
> I try to avoid SourceForge these days. It has become so commercialized
> that most pages are nothing but blatant and annoying ads with a little
> content around the edges.
We had several problems with SourceForge on the DECnet for Linux project
(another nice project, just use a search engine).
Non Google, Non SourceForge -> OK
Still a ML (no media break) -> OK
(As of my understanding) the gateways/archives will keep as they are ->
(Rah of PH2)
-- Attached file included as plaintext by Ecartis --
-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: Because it's your freedom
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
- [gopher] Mailing List Decisions, John Goerzen, 2009/08/14
- [gopher] Re: Mailing List Decisions,
Philipp Schafft <=
- [gopher] Re: Mailing List Decisions, Cameron Kaiser, 2009/08/14
- [gopher] Re: Mailing List Decisions, Mateusz Viste, 2009/08/15
- [gopher] Re: Mailing List Decisions, NIR IMUTNAPIŠTIM, 2009/08/15
- [gopher] Re: Mailing List Decisions, Jeroen Schot, 2009/08/15
- [gopher] Re: Mailing List Decisions, R.A.Pavlov, 2009/08/15
- [gopher] Re: Mailing List Decisions, Florian Teply, 2009/08/16