Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: July 2009:
[gopher] Re: Please try out the world's first wiki-based gopher proxy!

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Please try out the world's first wiki-based gopher proxy!
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 20:02:51 -0700 (PDT)

> As a proof of concept, I've written a gopher proxy specifically for
> WikkaWiki (I'm one of the devs on that project).  I invite you all to
> check it out, put it through its paces, and provide feedback.  I wrote
> this because I believe the more pathways we provide to gopher content,
> the more likely we might be to attract new followers.  This proxy
> basically permits a WikkaWiki owner to serve up gopher content
> "natively."  I think it's rather cool.

Neat. The only glitches I found is that it butchers ASCII art (but I can
understand the reason for this), and plaintext gets mangled since it doesn't
have HTML breaks. But I like the idea!

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you! ----------------------------