Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: February 2009:
[gopher] Re: progress on the Overbite AIR client

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: progress on the Overbite AIR client
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 07:53:02 -0800 (PST)

> > Just thought people might like to see that OverbiteAIR took its first
> > steps today:
> >
> >     gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/p/obair.png
> >
> > Lot more work to do, but as you can see, the basics are there.
>
> That's great!
> I'm not a fan of the apple firm at all, but a bigger coverage of gopher
> clients can only be good for gopher :-)

The advantage of writing this in AIR is that it will run on Windows, Mac OS
X and Linux as is (there is some platform dependent code in it, but otherwise
it is essentially the same program). Plus, AIR is an Adobe product, so it has
the stability of a large, well-known company maintaining it.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- FORTUNE: Ten weeks from Friday you won't remember this fortune at all. -----