Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2009:
[gopher] Re: [?? Probable Spam] from c.i.gopher: Grumpy - a web and gop

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: [?? Probable Spam] from c.i.gopher: Grumpy - a web and gopher server
From: Roman Pavlov <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 03:35:34 +0300

Jorge Pinckney wrote:
> Please, how can I get an active server accessing Internet by email only?
> Anybody knows one?

Do you mean a gopher server accessible via gophermail?

I used to have one, but then had to close it because of massive spam abuse.

Honestly, I didn't think that anyone would ever use such a server except
for gopher experiments, but if someone is interested I can try to open
it once more sometimes... (in fact, gophermail queries are mostly
predictable and creating a spam filter should be quite easy)